Permission issue with network shares - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Question Permission issue with network shares

The Problem:
Some workstations on our domain are unable to access a specific network share. The share is a Buffalo Linkstation (NAS). It too is on the domain. When I try and connect to the NAS server from one of the trouble computers, I get a permission error (even as the Administrator). However, if I put the computer name of a working computer before the username, it connects fine with the same username and password. (ex: ST01\User) - Also, If I use that same username and password on a different working computer, it connects fine. There are no issues connecting to other network shares. The issue is obviously with the computer configuration. I'm just at a lost on where to start.

The Setup:
We are currently running a small office domain with Server 2003 AD, and XP Pro workstations. Although domain controller seconds as the DNS, our linux firewall is the DHCP.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Old 09-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Permission issue with network shares

Sounds almost like a domain connectivity issue. Try removing the offending computers from the domain and re-adding them.

Its a frigging Laptop, not a Labtop!!!!
Closed Thread