Peer to peer network problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashabee

Solid State Member
I have a peer to peer network consist of six computers running xp professional and home edition. I can see 3 of the computers and cannot see the other three computers on the network, I share internet connection an all the computers using DSL and i can access the internet from all computers. What could be the problem why i'm not seing 3 of the computers on the network.

It could just be that File & Print sharing is not enabled on the problem three computers. Do you need to access these computer's resources from other computers? Or do you just need the internet connection shared?

The problem is not with the internet connection shared. i can access the internet from all six computers. the problem is the three computers that i'm not seeing on the network have resources i need to access. file and print sharing is enabled.

Well, if file and print sharing is enabled on these computers then let's try something else. Open up an explorer window and type in a UNC path to one of the computers.

\\computer_name\share_name

Use one of the problem computers in the computer_name field and the computer's share name in the share_name field. Do you get any results?

thanks for ur respone, but i'm not at work today, i made note of ur suggestion and will certainly try the same on monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom