Pcmcia Card causes Freeze on Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

globalmark

Solid State Member
I bought a Pcmcia Adapter (d-Link g dwl 650) and installed and worked fine , Then I reinstalled Windows XP from Origional Disc ,
Then when I installed the Drivers and Pcmcia card the Computer Froze ( only thing to do was remove card and Restart from On/off Button)
I have tried reinstalling Drivers from Disc, website
I tried Updating Bios ( was already updated )
I tried Updating windows
the Device manager says the Pcmcia slot is ok and Working fine .
I even took the Adapter back to the Shop and Changed it to A Netgear and same thing happened , seems to freeze on last few seconds of installation
I follow Instructions of Install , but also tried many ways , Inc uninstalling in safe mode and Reinstalling .
Computer has no Problems connecting via USB adapter or cables
So if anyone has Any Ideas would be Great
I have seen this problem all over forums and Internet but no solutions
(I am using Compaq Presario 1500 )
Thanks for help
Mark Watts

You'll need to completely format the Harddrive and reinstall Windows first. Then after installation complete and everthing is working fine, you can install the adapter.

Thanks mate But I had just Formatted Harddrive and The first thing I did was reconnect This wireless Adapter ,
Any other Ideas

You get these freezes when some of the PCMIA pins are bent and are touching eachother.

You need to straighten out the pins most likely. It's very hard to tell if they are bent or not without opening the laptop however.

I can see into The Pcmcia slot with a Torch and all the Pins are straight and all seems ok , so any other ideas .
thanks mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom