PCI wireless adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perf

Solid State Member
I recently built a new computer (Win XP Home), which works fine except I cannot get it to recognize my old Netgear wireless PCI adapter. I installed the latest driver without any problems, which then told me to turn off the computer, put in the card, and reboot for it to be automatically recognized. When this didn't work, I tried scanning for new hardware in the device manager, but still no luck. The card still works in my old computer, so does this mean my PCI slots (I tried all 3) are bad?

If not, I might buy a new card. Would it be possible to use a PCI adapter of a different brand with my Netgear router, or is it better to match the brand of the adapter with that of the router?

what is your motherboard maker/model...go there and see if you can find a chipset driver. That usually should fix issues like this where you have a valid driver but the system doesn't seem to see it.

and the brand matching should not really matter I believe

Motherboard is Gigabyte P35-DS3L. I installed the chipset drivers that came with the motherboard... I'll try installing the latest drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom