PC Anywhere from hotels to home network

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodie1227

Solid State Member
I need to log into my home workgroup computers when on the road. I am able to use pc anywhere when connected to the same lan but cannot when trying to access from an outside network. Any suggestions?

Sure....from inside your own LAN, you only have to use a computer name or internal IP address. (Ex. 192.168.0.100)
But when you are outside of your home LAN, you cannot use a computer name or internal IP address. You'll have to use your external IP address. First how is your home network setup? Are you using a gateway/router??? If you are, you'll have to open up two ports on your gateway/router to forward to the internal IP address of the computer that you want to colnnect to. The default ports for pcAnywhere are 5631 and 5632.

-Mike

How secure is PC anywhere? I use a combination of putty, ssh server (home PC), and VNC to connect to my home computer. With this combination I can also retrieve files from and hide my internet traffic at my remote location.

Thanks Mike. SO I need to configure an incoming port and set my laptop to connect to this port through my external ip address? My router is a dlink wireless with no firewall. Please advise further if you have time. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom