Page not Found @ DNS Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loon

Beta member
I just changed Computers to a Dell DEmension 4600i. I no longer can access any function of MSN that I had used before (Hotmail @ Messinger). I can only get the home page. If I ask for any function it sends me to a Sign In page. It will not accept my previous passwords that I have been using. It returns 'Page Not Found' and 'DNS errors'. If I go back and try to sign for new access passwords I get DNS again. It won't let me apply for a new password. In short, all I get from this site is DNS errors! I have had two good knowledgeable friends look at this problem and cannot come up with any fix. What is causing this?

If you are getting a DNS error then your browser is not getting a correct response from the name servers you connect to when it requests the IP's of the MSN authentication servers by the sounds of it.

Try changing the DNS servers you use, check with your ISP for this info.

Website Access or "DNS not found"

I recently discovered that several websites I frequently visit were included in my "HOSTS" file. This excluded my access to those websites. All you have to do to fix the problem is:

1) Do a search for *host* files.

2) Edit the "hosts" file when you find it.

3) Remove any websites that are listed that have been showing up as "DNS not found" or "Website not available".

4) Save the "Hosts" file.

5) Assuming your internet options/firewall/preferences have been set properly, all access problems should go away and access to websites restored.

This is a simple but not obvious answer to a problem that took some time to figure out. Programs like "tweekdun" add a host file to your computer to stop ads and popups. On occasion, these new host files will walk on a website like "townhall.com, ct.com.com, news.com.com, hotmail.com" etc.

I hope this was helpful to others who may be experiencing the same difficulty.

Best Regards,

go to ur ip settings, and set ur dns manually. u can also go into cmd-ipconfig /flushdns
then ipconfig /registerdns
and c if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom