Own ISP Connection + WiFi Antennas

givmefive5

Beta member
Good day, we're planning to set up computers with internet connections in very remote places in our country. Our current solution is to have WiFi Antennas with high gain (dBi) to acquire signal from long distances. As I search around, the distance antennas could cover is enough for our plan.

However, as i browse through Google, I'm seeing that these antennas are only used to acquire signals from hotspots (which our country have very few). Would it be possible if we would have a private ISP connection which would be the source where our antenna would get signal from?

How would that be possible and what are the materials we would need (except for the antenna)?

There is also an ISP provider that's available nationwide that offers WiMax , I believe this would help but have no idea how. Please help!

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
if there's a company that offers WiMax you just need a WiMax receiver on the computers. WiMax has a really wide range (kazakhstan has implemented WiMax with great success [no pun intended]), so I'd make sure that the provider covers the areas you need, and then I think all you'd need is a receiver on the computers.

If you want to go the route of WiFi antennas I think the problem you'll run into is working with the ISP to get all the areas covered if they're far apart. If all the computers are relatively close then you might be able to get away with buying some hotspots of your own to supply the internet connection.

Honestly I think the WiMax is a better option to pursue as it's all wireless and you'd just have to talk to the ISP about how to work a deal to connect all the computers to the service.

Back
Top Bottom