Outlook conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjdefrehn

Beta member
I need help, friends! Our users are set up with multiple email addresses assigned to their user names in the Exchange Management Console. These addresses are from other domains that the company owns. I have a user who wants to add one of these email addresses to his outlook profile. He wants to be able to send emails from this other address under his current outlook profile. I cannot seem to get this set up for him. I'm racking my brain. Any advice or suggestions at what I'm missing?

-J

Why not just have them go under the Options to Add Account? Then setup their email address. When they go to create a new email message there will be a simple drop down menu for them to select which email address they want to send from. I have at least 10 email addresses setup this way.

Why not just have them go under the Options to Add Account? Then setup their email address. When they go to create a new email message there will be a simple drop down menu for them to select which email address they want to send from. I have at least 10 email addresses setup this way.

I have tried this, but I can never seem to get the test connection to connect. Would the incoming and outgoing mail servers be the same as the exchange server address?

The incoming and outgoing mail servers would be determined by the email account being setup. So if you were using GMail it would be what Gmail specified. Same thing for something like a ISP given email address. What is the email address that they want? I have email from 4 different sources all going to my Outlook.

From this site
GMail
Hotmail/Live
and my personal domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom