Others using my IP Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyL

Beta member
Is there any way to protect my connection to the internet. Using my workplace network here in Iran, my main communication with the world is by internet and I like to spend my lunchtime 3hrs (really!) browsing, but get continually kicked off by others who have no internet facility using my IP address to get on. Apart from getting my IP address changed, is there anyway to make my connection secure, or any other suggestions on how to approach the problem?

Many thanks in anticipation

Do you know if the work computers are using a dhcp (dynamic host configuration protocol) server to issue ip's or are they just typing ip's in randomly? I assume that either they are running a dhcp server and some numptys are typing their own in (thus taking up one's that have been issued by the dhcp server) or that they are giving them out manually and thus unless they keep a record of all the computers then they are going to have problems, if it is a dhcp server then find out what ip address you are using, change the last part of the ip to 244 and see if that works (Ip's work by 8 digit binary, the highest number you can have is 255 but that is assigned to something of which I've forgotten what at the moment but nevermind.).

To find out your ip on windows 95, 98, me then click start> run and type winipcfg and click advanced, on windows xp click start, run and type cmd then ok, then type ipconfig and it'll say what the ip is.

255, which is 11111111 in binary. When all the bits are set to 1 in the host portion of a network address, the number is designated the broadcast address for that network

example:

ip addy 192.168.0.1, subnet addy 255.255.255.0, network addy 192.168.0.0, broadcast addy 192.168.0.255

change the last part of the ip to 244 and see if that works (Ip's work by 8 digit binary, the highest number you can have is 255 but that is assigned to something of which I've forgotten what at the moment but nevermind.).

The last part should be Changed to 254, MAX no. =256, 0 is reserved, 1 is for the gateway so u have 254 available

If that network is on the domain server, will be very strange for me if the users can make changes on their Network.
Every new user by defaul is ban to change IP or even open the IP settings.
If there is Proxy server try pinch the name and type it in your Browser connections.
Like this you will stay with local net IP and the request for outside will be handle by the proxy server.
If there is not Proxy Server.
Find a HttPort 3 program.
Note: Do not ask me how to set it up - it is writen in the help.
The most importan thing is you have to find a Public Proxy Server
which is fast.
This program is by passing the main server(this is why you have to find FAST public proxy server).Also working with ISP.
bypassing proxy server of ISP
And here we go you are free birth out in internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom