Oracle and Apache on PCs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boardn

Beta member
Hey all!

I was not sure where to post this question.

We have some PCs at work with Oracle 9i. We noticed these same PCs now have Apache installed, and noticed an Apache directory within the Oracle forlder structure. We can't determine why these PCs have Apache nor how it was installed! These clients use eTrust software and I believe eTrust uses apache, but wouldn't that be on the server? Not all of the PCs in this group have apache so I am suspicious some have downloaded this on their own.

Any thoughts on why we would see apache installed and found within the Oracle Directory structure? Is there a way to determine who installed this and how? I can't find much.

Thanks!

I wouldn't suspect eTrust since they use agents on their client PC's to communicate.
My first step would be review the logs. See if you can find when it installed and go from there.

Check the security logs for people who are authorized to install on those PC's.

Did any type of web based remote management software get installed by anyone?
Did anyone install updates for Oracle and checked off a 'typical' install rather than a 'custom'?

Thanks, I checked the logs but it didn't give me the answers i need. I know there are a lot of people authorized to install on these PCs but I have still comeup with nothing.
There is so much software on these machines, it is hard to fid a web based remote management software.

What made you say someone could have selected a 'typical' Oracle install? Does that include Apache?

Thanks.

I am going to test a manual Oracle install to check.

We do keep records, but some users have admin rights due to the department in which they work. It is difficult tracking what happens on some of these PCs. We now use software to help keep this un der control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom