Open network connection issues - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Open network connection issues

Hey guys first time here, I bought a brand new Asus notebook recently and can connect on my private network at home just fine but any open networks (starbucks, college, hotel etc.) It connects and I sign in, but then it says no internet and I can't do anything online. I tried disabling firewall and my VPN, using a different default browser, and uninstalling and reinstalling the Wi-Fi card drivers. Anyone have any ideas? I'll give any more info as needed. Thanks!

Brandonator24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Re: Open network connection issues

On your network adapter, are you using DHCP to obtain the IP address or do you have it statically set?

Tags
connection, internet, laptop, wifi