One computer network

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrStatic

Beta member
I am trying to get it so I could run lets say Unreal(a ircd) for windows and use mIRC(a irc client) to connect to that on my pc without connecting to the internet. Is there a program out there that could do this kinda like those personal webserver programs b/c if you load one of those even without being on the net and type http://127.0.0.1/ it would load the index file from the programs directory.

Well it sounds like you're trying to get onto the internet to me! lol, you're talking about things like Apache, and other things that are on your computer, and 127.0.0.1 is the same as typing localhost (well, almost the same).. many people claim they are the same, but one is an ip, and is directed... so they arent... but no, it's not possible to connect to anything without a connection.. kinda funny how connect and connection would work hand in hand like that... maybe I misunderstood your question, but I also use IRC (mIRC script called excursion, so basically, mIRC), and I also serv using every kind of serving you can think of.

Easiest way i can think of is to install PWS(personal web server ) it's on ur windows Cd itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom