Office Network Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

justadummy

Baseband Member
Our office has a small network with 2 servers and about 15 desktop computers. Most of the machines are XP Pro and some are 2000 Pro. Both servers run Windows Server 2003. We have 2 network printers and 1 network plotter that runs on the system.
I am very green when it comes to network systems, so please bear with me. When at any one workstation and when you go the browse say the public drive or the named drive specific to that pc, it is extremely slow. Even in the morning before anybody gets here it is very slow browsing. On one of our servers, 4 of our accounting people run a programs from the server, and it is slow for them in responding.

I realize that during the day when our main network printer is going in full force, I am assuming that it will tie up a lot of network resources. Our main printer is a Canon printer, copier, fax, and scanner that anyone can fax from their workstation. I don't know if this matter or not.

Our equipment is as follows:

1. Wirespeed DSL Modem

2. Linksys BEFSR41 DSL Router

3. 3Com Super Stack II Baseline Switch Model# 3C16462

Sorry for such a long post, but I didn't know what information was needed. Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom