Odd Internet problem !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Argh.. i just typed out 3 paragraphs and then pressed backspace on my measley netbook keyboard and lost it all :facepalm: Maddening! I'll try again.

I was fixing itunes because it was conflicting with FoxyProxy, foxyproxy wouldn't delete or unistall because it was still open in another service, i closed all the services i could think of which it might be using and obviously screwed my Internet up - upon restart i had no internet access, opening up FireFox it just shows a tab saying (Unknown) and similar messages appear in IE and Chrome.

I open up cmd prompt and can only ping websites by IP adress, trying with URL it instantly fails.

Checking event log the only possibley relevent system errors i can see are:

"The Peer Name Resolution Protocolol service terminated with the following error:
The requested service provided could not be loaded or initialised."

and

"IPsec Policy Agent service terminated with the following error:
The requested service provider could not be loaded or initailized."

I can not do system restore because i just discovered i had it turned off for some crazy reason :doh:

Please Help !,
Thanks in advanced.

Netbook = XP, perhaps? If so, do a repair installation. You would have to do it from a flash drive or an external drive, but it is doable.

Start > Run > SFC /ScanNow > ok
(Note: 1 space after SFC)

If you have an installed Antivirus it would be best to disable it during the scan
If you are running Norton or AVG Antivirus it would be best to run the associated Removal Tools, and then re-install it after the scan
This is because these two Antiviruses can affect the scan progress, and your Network
Norton Removal Tool: Download and run the Norton Removal Tool
AVG Remover Tool: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/support/avgremover_en.exe

This scan (and fix) will confirm all Windows System Files are intact, and in their original working order
Your Windows Setup CD may be required, but no User data or programs will be affected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom