NTL networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane1

Solid State Member
Hi all,
I recently purchased an Edimax Broadband Router, which i was told is compatible with NTL... i am trying to connect two computers one an XP Laptop and the other an ME Desktop computer, on the laptop i am able to login and begin configuring the connection but am unsure which it is PPtoe or cable modem etc????

The me desktop computer however does not allow me to connect to the setup screen at all.

is it possible to setup two computers with different OS's?, and what are NTLs protocols because i have called them twice now and all they tell me is the IP is dynamic the host name is NTL which is no help :mad:

If you need to know anything else fire away :)

Thanks in advance

Shane

OK, Go to the Network Connections screen in yor XP machine and look at the properties in your Network Connection that you access the Internet with, and look to see what all of the "This connection uses the following items:" protocalls are. Make sure that the ME machine hass all of the same protocalls, and if not install them. Restart the ME machine and setup and network and see if that soves your proble with see each others computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom