Not connected to router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outsider1120

In Runtime
Right now my computer is downstairs besides my router
( Blitzz BWA721 Wireless G Router ) and my Webstar modem. We have 2 other computers ( 1 laptop ) also connecting to this router. My computer can connect to my router LAN or Wireless connection and heres my problem.

Local Area Connection
Can connect to the internet
Can't connect to router ( As in routers config thing to forward ports and all the junk i gota do )

Wireless network connections
Can't connect to the internet
Can connect to routers config thing

Any help?

Also my router is not on portforward.com which is a big nuisence

Well, I couldn't even find a HOMEPAGE for Blitzz...... My opinion is that the router likely has some type of security feature that only allows logging into the router through a certain port, or perhaps only with a certain IP address or through a certain MAC address.... COULD be possible, but not probable....

Is your wireless laptop using 802.11a,b, or g?

I don't know why either but my laptop and other computer can't connect to the internet wirelessly either its wierd they use to be able to. Also im on my PC downstairs with the LAN connection the laptop is not here right now

When I connect to the router with wireless connection i just go to 192.168.1.1 - Default gateway

With LAN my default gateway is 70.31.148.1 and it doesnt work in the browser

Wait..... your IP ADDRESS from your ISP is 70.31.148.1.... That should be the default gateway for your ROUTER.....

Even for your wired PC's, it should be 192.168.1.1

Your wireless PC's that CANNOT connect to the internet... can they PING the router?
(Start > Run, type 'CMD', then'PING x.x.x.x' ....use the router IP Address

ya i just disabled my LAN and connecting wireless and pinged it.. a bunch of stuff came up when i put "ping 192.168.1.1"

what do you mean you disabled your LAN? Do you mean the WIRED portion of your LAN?

Have you verified that you are connecting to YOUR router, and not trying to connect to someone else's wireless router?

ok so are you saying ur wired pc is connected to the router? if so the routers config screen is ip 192.168.1.1 set ur default gateway to that and for the wireless sometimes theres a setting for the wireless to disable internet check for that

When i go to start>connect to>show all connections
it has a wireless network connections and a local area connection.
They are both connected to my router physicly but like i said my local area connection ( cat 5 cable ) cant get in the routers config. My computer has a wireless internet card in it to thats why i have the wireless network connections.

Im only using one computer here the other have nothing to do with this. How do i set my default gateway?

to set ur default gateway right click on the network connection and goto properties then go into the tcp/ip properties click "use the following ip address" type in your ip then your subnet mask under that type in the ip to the router which should be 192.168.1.1 dont worry about the box under that just click ok then ok and that should do it let me know what happens

Go to the command prompt again.... START > RUN > 'Cmd' > 'ipconfig'.

Copy and paste the IPCONFIG info into the forum so that we can see what you are getting for an IP address. Copy ALL that info....

IP Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway

Also, what is the IP Address and Subnet mask of your Router?

I am wondering if you are getting a 169.X.X.X IP address....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom