Norton Internet Security 05 blocking my pop mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmamba

Baseband Member
The LiveUpdate feature kicked on today, I restarted my computer when prompted, and now cannot access my pop mail from within Outlook Express. I tried searching for a solution but couldnt find one yet that worked. Also looked at some of my settings but not sure what was changed from LiveUpdate..

I know its my firewall settings although I touched nothing.. when I disable the firewall my connection to the pop server is fine. I had this problem once before and have no clue how I fixed it..

This is the error I get when the firewall is on:

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'pop3.MYISP.net', Server: 'pop3.MYISP.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

I don't want to be turning the firewall on and off as I have OE checking my email every so often for me automatically.

The one thing I don't understand is that I have OE check my GMail account via the pop server there, and it works fine everytime. Just not with my own ISP??

Please help me!

... Well I did a system restore to yesterday which corrected the liveupdate problem, i guess. just sucks that i cant let LU run without it screwing up my settings. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom