Norton Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodie1227

Solid State Member
Is 'Norten System Works 2003' with ghost a full version? Is this the best for imaging hard drives or do I need a full version of 'Nortons Ghost'?

This includes the version of ghost where you can clone a drive to another drive via network, serial connection, IDE connection or burn the image to a CD-R(RW)/DVD-R(RW). This is fine for what you want to do. If you wanted to get the full version which includes the mulicasting images, then you have to get the full version of ghost.

-Mike

Right on. I have purchased it and its on its way. Another question. I have a new 80gig hd that I want to place the image on. When I install the new hd into the desktop and assuming the bios recognizes it, can you give me a brief step by step finalizing the process. I am sure the manual gives pointers but not the same as the professionals in this forum. Thanks for your prompt response on the above post.

if you want to image your OS partition select "partition> to image". its very easy, yet everybody i tell this to say they understand it and then screw it up when it comes to actually doing it.

I want to image the entire hd. From what I understand it makes a backup floppy (restore) and burns the other files to disk. Then I install the new hd use the floppys creted to boot and this is all I know. I imagine there are prompts from that point in completing the image transfer. Any other tips or sugg are helpful. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom