Node to domain controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I tried to google what I a was looking for but I don't pose my queries well when I am looking for something? For instance I used the phrase on google of "setup node to domain controller on windows 2000 server with active directory" but didn't find the answer. How would you do it please? Are there web sites that you use for info?

I assume I have to have a workstation connected to this in order to make this change because under the word domain is says "to rename this computer or join a domain, click properties" is grayed out. Am I correct about that?

thanks again.

law, Here is what I was talking about

errorvf8.png

if you dont know how to join a domain .. perhaps you should have somone do i for you. This is a simple helpdesk task, sounds like you need a computer support person at your location

That's 2000 server, you can't change it, it's already a domain controller. You were asking about the client (workstation). I don't know what you are confused about but you're doing it wrong or you don't know what you want to do.

yes, you are correct I was looking at it from the wrong side my apology, I have had problems with the server all day and wasn't thinking about the client side.. my bad....sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom