No wireless networks were found in range ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeadubs

Beta member
On my girlfriends DELL XPS M140 Laptop she has been having trouble for a fewe months now where she can not connect to the internet.

I have wireless and a Dell Laptop as well, and my two roomates have laptops and get service just fine. She noticed it stopped working in the lounge at her college where she used to get wireless, then all of a sudden she couldnt connect. I took a few trys on getting it to recognize the wireless modems but It wont pick up any signals.

Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks,

Trev

Many laptops have a physical switch somerewhere on it that will turn the onboard wireless adaptor on or off... My girl's Toshiba has it on the left hand side, right near the corner.

Also, have you looked in the hardware device manager to see if the hardware is properly working?

No I havent checked that yet.

I will look into that now and let you know... Thanks a lot ;)

OK, on the desktop next to the time on the bottom right corner of the screen the wirless icon says that wirless is turned off.

In the device manager the following network adapters are listed.

1394 Net Adaptere
Broadcom 440x 10/100 intergrated controller
Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

all in which are working properly.

Under my Network Connections there are the following listed.

Broadband - Broadband connection

Lan or High Speed - Local area connection ( red x )
Wireless Network Connection ( red x )
1394 Connection ( connected, Firewalled ) < I just enabled it through device manager.

virtual Private Network - Netscape ( disconnected )

Any ideas?

Thanks

You should have the wireless adaptor enabled in Network Connections.... try disabling it, and re-enabling it.

Worked out for me. I was just spacing out.

The wirless switch for dell laptops is generally (Fn + F2) on the laptop keyboard just incase anyone is having a similar problem.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom