No Internet Through Router - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

02GASE

Solid State Member
I have a Linksys wireless router (WRT54G). I have it all hooked up and every light on the router is on that us supposed to be except the internet light. The strange thing is is that when I have the router hooked up it shows up on my computer that the internet is connected (100 mbps) but the internet doesn't work. When I put in 192.168.1.1 in the browser and the user name and password box comes up I leave the user name blank and put in admin as the password but nothing happens. The box just pops up again.

So if anyone can help me it would be appreciated.

Try hooking your computer directly up to your modem instead of to the router. Do you have connection through the modem?

For linksys usually the default password is admin and no user name.

Who is your ISP?

So it works when connected to usb directly to the modem but not ethernet?

For linksys usually the default password is admin and no user name.

Who is your ISP?

So it works when connected to usb directly to the modem but not ethernet?

Yes. The USB is called Local Area Connection 2 and the ethernet is called Local Area Connection 5. When the router is connected LAC 5 comes up and says connected but the internet doesn't work.

Did you reset the modem and the router so that they recognize each other? Unplug the router and the modem. then plug in the router. then the modem. This will allow them to see each other and work with each other.

Nothing. I just don't understand why it says it is connected but doesn't work and doesn't show up on the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom