No Default Gateway No Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancalime

Baseband Member
Hey guys I am in desperate need of help. I searched and everything but couldn't find anything that worked for me.

I have two computers set up in a network in my house. I have a Motorola Surfboard Cable Modem that is connected to a WRT54G (Version 5) router which feeds the internet connection to my two PCs. One of the PCs work fine (the one I'm on right now) but the other one cannot browse or anything. When I type in ipconfig, the default gateway space is left empty. What is wrong? It was just working a few hours ago. The connection suddenly went kaput, so I resetted the modem and router and now here I am.

I checked in device manager to make sure my driver was working properly, which it is. I have no idea what is wrong. Please help. Thanks.

You want to check and see if the TCP/IP setting for your network card are set to "obtain an IP address automatically". You can also use the repair feature to renew your IP lease with the DHCP server that runs on your router.

Thank you for the quick reply Law. That setting is on automatic. How would I go about renewing my IP lease?

Please I need help fast, I don't want my kids to be without an internet connection do their homeworks. Any input is appreciated.

In Control Panel>Network Connection, just right click on the Local Area Connection (your network card) and select repair. Hopefully this should help, if not, then you might have to manually put in those information.

Thank you again Law. Unfortunately the repair did not work. If I were to manually set up a static ip, could I just copy the info on this working computer (Subnet, DNS, Default Gateway), and just change the ip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom