NIC turns on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Not sure why, but recently, I seem to lose my internet connection every 5 mins, then it is regained, then turned off, etc. I'm using a D-Link DI624 wireless router. I see it on both the LAN and wireless connections. I updated the wireless router firmware and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, same thing still happens.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thank you.

I dont think it is the NIC now, but instead the wireless router b/c I lose connection to a wired and wireless connection at the same time. I noticed this happened when I recently updated the firmware for the wireless route (D Link DI-624). Is there a way to revert back to the original firmware since I believe that worked fine?

Thanks.

There probably is a hard reset, but i don't know if that will actually 'roll back' the firmware drivers.

If it truely is your router best bet would be to caugh up the 40 or so dollars to get a new one.

I'm thinking the same thing...been reading some posts and many saying they have had the same problem w/ this router...but that was in 2005! Have not had any problems w/ mine, but it's about 4 yrs old. Looking at Linksys now.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom