NIC Changes Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

saspinall

Baseband Member
I have a piece of software that requires a etwork card in order to generate its license, so I bought a Realtek 8139 and installed it, created the license from the address given, great. My problem is that every other time I power up the pc, the NIC changes its address so consequently my software wont start up. It only changes the last 2 digits from 60 to 64. I manually changed the address in properties but the software still reports back a changed address. Any ideas ?? Software is Pro-Engineer Wildfire.

is it possible to force the reservation from the router you are connecting to? or will that work for you? It would make sence that you need a static IP, but depending on the service you get, that can be expensive.
not exactly an answer, but might get you pointed in the right direction.

thanx for the reply. I think I've solved the problem simply by generating two licenses for the software, one for each of the two addresses that the NIC generates. Hopefully, fingers crossed, this will be ok and it wont generate any more.

Stu

Of course, I spoke too soon. Switched on this morning and software wont run as NIC has changed to the 60 address and the software runs a hostid check prior to license and they differ so wont start up. Any ideas ??

Contact the software manufacturer and ask them w-t-f?!? I don't see why you need to go through all this trouble to install or get this software working? And by NIC address, do you mean IP address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom