New Wireless Router...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital_Jedi

In Runtime
I am getting tired of my router. It keeps dropping the internet. I thought that it might be ISP or the modem but if you hook up the moderm directly to the PC then it works great. Going to the router, it works for a few days then it drops the internet. I have asked around here about the problem and no solutions to it have worked so I am in the marked for a really good wireless router.... any recommendations?

There was a similar thread on this forum, I believe, in which a bunch of people gave their opinions and before it was over, just about every router manufacturer had beern lauded and trashed. It would be no different in asking a group of car buffs which car you should buy. In the aforementioned thread, I mentioned that it might be best to ask your neighbors what they have had luck with as you will then have somne evidence that the particular router(s) mentioned will be working in the same general atmospheric conditions. Better if the neighbor has the same type of house made from the same materials. Other than that, I cannot see how a poll will help you.

I'm a big fan of the Linksys WRT54G2 Routers. I don't like the D-Links, Belkins, or Netgear products. If you want to go higher end the SonicWall TZ180w firewall/wireless routers rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom