New satellite service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Man, i am pissed. This broadband service i was supposed to be getting is not going to work out because i am thirty yards out of the service area, so i am stuck with this crappy 19.2kbps dial-up connection. There are no plans for cable or dsl to come to my area, as i have hounded the companies about that already. I did hear that there is a new canadian sattelite company blanketing all of North America with high-speed internet that is starting service in November that will be cheaper than Direcway, which only the rich can afford. Does anybody know anything about this? Any replies would be appreciated.

Well my only advice about direcway is if your planning on trying to do some online gaming its not guna happen.

Are you on Direcway? I've heard nothing but bad about it. Not only does gaming suck because of high latencies, but there is also an hourly cap that limits you to like 120MB per hour, and it you go over you will be dealing with 28.8 connections.

Well i have absolutly no other choice and im not going back to dial up. Its alot better than having to dial up all the time though. It sux living in the country.

Gafnab said:
It sux living in the country.

Your soooo right! I wish so much I could move to a civilized area, but my parents could never leave their farm. I get so upset because its not fair that I am forced to suffer in these conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom