New Router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdarkmodex

Beta member
I am looking for a router that will be able to share the date better/smarter in my home. Lets say my sister streams a video online but it effect my online gameplay. I would like to get a router to be able to stop that. I got 1 ps3 , 1 xbox 360, laptop , and pc on a cable connection around 6mb to 2 mb (around afternoon my mb drops).

Any references?

Looks like you want something that has QOS

How much are you prepared to spend?

If you get the Asus RT-N16 and put Tomato firmware on it you can set up QOS to improve your network access for games

Looks like you want something that has QOS

How much are you prepared to spend?

If you get the Asus RT-N16 and put Tomato firmware on it you can set up QOS to improve your network access for games

The Asus RT-N16 seems like a resonable price.
Amazon.com: ASUS RT-N16 Wireless-N Gigabit Router: Electronics

What would be the benefits of getting a higher end router? i really don't got a price limit just the more money it is the more time i need to get it, and i aint in a rush.

QOS = Quality of service?

It would be difficult to find a better router hardware wise than the RT-N16 without spending a lot more

The main thing is the software - the stock firmware on the RT-N16 is okay, but not nearly as good as Tomato.
There are other different types of firmware you can put on it, but I think Tomato has the best QOS.

To install it, you would first need to put a compatible DD-WRT firmware on it (one specifically made for the RT-N16), and using DD-WRT you can install the teddy bear mod of Tomato made for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom