New Problems, Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeave

Solid State Member
Ok, so I posted on the hardware section earlier today about how I wasn't able to install windows xp because it didnt recognise my hard drive, well I have crossed that bridge now.

Now I have everything installed and windows works fine but when I plug a phone line in the back of my computer all of my phones go dead and It wont dial me on to the internet or anything. Could someone please help me with this problem.

Thanks

how are you connecting that phone line? Straight from the wall the computer or from the phone to the computer?

Plug the line from the wall into the modem, then plug the phone into the modem. The ports should be clearly marked.

If you do not have two ports on the modem then just find a free wall plug and try it there.

Post again with results.

I tried it from the wall plug and it still makes the phones go dead and it won't connect.

"The phone go dead" U mean the physical phone? i hope not , cos without the line to the phone of course it i die.

Ok , i m sure u mean the phone line connected to the PC, can u do a query to the modem to chk the status?

I must apoligise for my retardedness. I was plugging the line into my LAN port, I don't even have a modem, I'll have to make a trip to staples tomorrow I guess. A little too over excited about my new computer I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom