New Computer Isn't Connecting to Internet? Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM555

In Runtime
Hey Guys. I recently built a new gaming computer. The parts are in my Sig. So far I like it, but I felt since day 1 the internet was slow. It kept getting slower and my download/upload speeds sucks. The whole house was getting these problems so I thought I guess it's just Comcast. But recently, I can't even GET ON the internet. I can't use it period. It won't let me connect. I checked the Internet Connections and it says I'm connected at 100Mbs and I'm getting packets. But they seemed retarded low, like say for instance 100 sent packets and I received maybe 10-15 of those packets. But then I somehow got it to accept the same or more packets, and still no internet connection. So I thought maybe it's with the router/modem. I went downstairs and restarted everything multiple times. I then try to connect to the internet in every way possible, but nothing. No AIM, No Utorrent DL's, No Mozilla, Nothing. I tried to delete and reinstall my network drivers from the DFI CD and nothing, same problem. I tried to connect and reconnect both ends of the internet cable, no fix. I then checked the other computers in the house, and they all have internet, while my computer doesn't. I am running AVG Virus Scanner and everything seems to be under control. The computer runs fast and fine, just no internet. I connected my old computer from the same connection and I got internet. So what I can come up with is that something is wrong with the internet connections on my new computer OR maybe I need to reformat my computer? I have over 5-6 games and many important files and programs, so I don't really feel like reformatting, can anyone help me? As If I do end up having to reformat, is there a way to save all this crap? Can I transfer to another HD with all the gaming files and programs or would that run the risk of having the same problem on the reformatted comptuer? Ahh, I need help guys, any tips/ideas/suggestions, please help me out. I really need to fix this problem.
Thanks a lot
John

Any ideas?

All the right drivers installed? Updated? Chipset drivers? LAN Drivers? Have you reset the modem/router? Have you configured the modem and router?

What have you tried what have you not tried? You can image the drive but that will not solve the issue. If it is with Windows. It will jsut carry over to the new drive.

There is no need to bump your own topic. We will try to help when we can.

Whenever I had a problem like this (computer is fine, only the internet isn't), I'll just shut down the computer and turn it on a couple of hours or so later. Then the internet is working. The problem was the ISP all along.
I don't know about your situation though. Something might be wrong with the modem or the drivers. Have you ask your ISP for some technical support?

I would like to go with makaveli.He is right you must check your router and modem.Are they correctly configured?sometimes router pins too face problem and they get loosened.Try to check them.

Hope you got the solution friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom