New build can't get net

Status
Not open for further replies.

suptt

Baseband Member
Got the new rig up and running last night and everything was working fine, was on playing CSS for like 3 or 4 hours. However, I had to unplug the ethernet cable last night to hook it up to another computer for the internet and when I woke up this morning and hooked it back into my new rig I cant get a connection. It just says network cable unplugged. I have done what I usually have to do which is unhook the power cable to the cable box and plug it back in after it resets, but I have done this a number of times and nothing is working.

Check device manager for yellow exclamation marks. Are drivers installed and up-to-date? Latest windows updates? NIC or onboard?

Thats the thing I updated everything last night. But now I cant even get on the net with it.
Could the problem be that I installed windows on my new rig that came with my dell laptop and I dont have a cd key for it? Because I can't update any of my windows programs due to the genuine validation crap. So maybe the motherboard and the windows are not compatible until I can update windows. I mean it wont even let me update to SP2

Well, I think it would be for the wiser to somehow get windows to update and get everything up to date.

About the internet, try re-installing the drivers for the motherboard.

Have you tried to config your network attributes?
Ping the net in the command line to see if your host can connect it.

Check your TCP/IP settings and be sure you are set to automatically gwet an IP and DNS settings. Also check services to be sure DHCP client is running.

I can get the net with my laptop with the same connection, so I am assuming that the connection is good. And yes it is set to get IP automatically.

Do you by chance have a computer with dual on board nics? If so plug it into the other port and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom