Networking Wizard Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommad50

Beta member
I need the immediate assistance of a networking wizard. I have described the hypothetical scenario below, along with the requirements that I have to follow to implement a Local Area Network and Wiring Scheme. Thanks for the quick response.

If further information is needed I can be contacted at 267-872-5111 or at debatts@comcast.net.

SCENARIO

TTI, Texas Technology Institute, a post secondary school in Houston, Texas has enjoyed a tremendous growth in the last 2 years, since it started offering new degrees in Information Technology. TTI has just added its second campus in the city of Houston, but with new plans of expansion put into action, the Institute is now expanding its operation to three additional cities, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio. With 5 campuses geographically dispersed, TTI is now facing the need to implement an enterprise-wide network that will include Local Area Network (LANs) at each site and a Wide Area Network (WAN) to provide date connectivity between all school sites and the original main campus in Houston.

Just as any other post secondary technology school operating in the state of Texas, TTI must be in total compliance with the various regulations and rules set forth by the Education Board of the state. Amount these regulations, TTI must provide a system wide approach of tracking all studentsÂ’ attendance and academic progress. Access to the World Wide Web for various Internet applications from any site as an integral part of its Academic operation, is also a critical part of this implementation. Once the network is in place, TTI will deploy a series of servers to facilitate online automation of all its administrative and its various curricular functions.

Since this network implementation will have to continue to be functional for a minimum of 5 years, all design considerations should include a minimum of 100x (times) growth in the LAN throughput, 2x (times) growth in the WAN core throughput, and 10x (times) growth in the main campus Internet Connection throughput. The minimum requirement for initial implementation design will be 1.0 Mbps to any host computer in the network and 100 Mbps to any server host in the network. Only TCP/IP protocols will be allowed for implementation in this network.

The Edu-VLAN connections should be connected to lab1, lab2, lab3, and lab 4, as indicated in the diagram.

I have to implement a

LOCAL AREA NETWORK AND WIRING SCHEME

The LAN in each location will represent that school (Austin LAN is Austin School)

Each LAN must clearly show the two divisions of each school and divisions are Administration and Education. These two separate units will be configured as VLANS (know what VLAN is).

Clearly specify the Operating System that is running on each LAN throughout the enterprise.

Clearly specify what king of cable is used in each LAN and why.

Design the Education VLAN for each school such that it can accommodate four labs.

Clearly specify what topology that you will use and the transport protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom