Networking windows XP with ME via (IPX/SPX) protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raju08

Solid State Member
hi, im havin a big problem, im trying to play a LAN game between WINDOWS ME AND WINDOWS XP.
( the game is C&C red alert 2 )

WHen i started my windows ME computer told siad "ipx not available" then i went thru the process of installing the protocals on both comps. (the XP & ME)

Then on my ME comp i could see the the other comp (liek the user name) but on my XP i could not see the ME.

I think this is my problem my ME computer uses (IPX/SPX compatible protocal) and my XP uses NWLink/IPX/SPX/NetBIOS protocal

Im not very good with this, any help would be appreciated.

Windows ME should come with the TCP/IP protocol, have you tried using this? How are the computers connected through a router or via a crossover cable?

umm i did TCP/IP protocol (all i did was install it liek how i did the (IPX/SPX) but anyways no luck still at the same place.

Then on my ME comp can see the the other comp (liek the user name) but on my XP i cant see the ME.

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO NETWORK ME AND XP together usuing this method

Any firewalls on the XP machine? Norton Internet Security, even if you disable the firewall part, blocks pings and the like. Try disabling any firewall or security you have.

Both come with TCP/IP protocols already installed, and they shouldn't have any problems recognizing each other.

Are both computers getting internet? No problems with the router end?

If the two computer have been connected with a route,you must configure the IPX routing.
If in a switched network,you should check the IPX frame type,and change the auto frame type to 802.2,then configure to the same internel network number.
Good luck.
English isnt my mother tongue,can u understand me?

is it even possible to network IPX/SPX compatible protocal with NWLink/IPX/SPX/NetBIOS protocal?

if so how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom