Networking tutorial

midoban

Beta member
Hi, i am new to networking and i have this turotial and i was wondering if anybody can elighten me with their knowledge. The question is as follow:

The CityCampus enrolled 6000 students each yr. It was proposed to house 2 computer servers, 2 IBM compatible labs and 1 multimedia lab on the 1st floor as shown below:

2SERVERS: 1 for staff, 1 for students/ Apllications to run: Lotus notes, remote access, video conferencing with overseas university partner.

2IBM compatible labs, each lab equipped with 20 pcs.

Access points for wireless access within the building.

1 multimedia lab equipped with the latest multimedia tools. Each lab equipped with 20pcs..

The faculty, staff and student of CityCampus need the ability to communicate with each other via email and to access to internet.

Plan and design a LAN/WAN for City Campus based on the following considerations:

1. To provide email service, intranet, internet anywhere in the vivinity of campus.
2. Linking up calssrooms to network.
3. Provide a secure, private wireless network for students to access the campus network and internet.
4. Provide security to protect nework.

Report should include the following:

Hardware requirements: The basic specs of servers and associatied hardware(router,switch, firewall, etc.)

Software requirements: Detail requirement (OS, application software, etc.) and justifications.

Outline and discuss 2 major network security considerations that have to be address so that the school can be reasonably sure of trouble-free continuous operation.

Propose a 1st cut of your network diagram, to include the architectures and all the physical media used in the network.

really appreciate all your help :lol:

dont get me wrong it's not my school work...it was my friend's i got it from him coz i am planning go get a ccna cert so i was thinking questions like this could be gd practice..but i cant seem to clue what the question want. I am not asking for answer i am asking for direction.. :)

Back
Top Bottom