Networking question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3wcl@w

Baseband Member
Hi i have a laptop which is wireless and a desktop which i used to have wireless as well but i kept having problems (long story) which i had running a home network file shareing etc. So i switched back to good ole ethernet but now i cannot access my network is there anyway i can connest my two pc's without being on the same interface.thx

Yeah you can connect a wired PC with a wireless laptop. Just use a wireless router. They have wired ports for the Desktop and the wireless access for the laptop.

Cool i have a wireless router netgear dg43n but when i go to my network places and try to search for my laptop i cannot find it any ideas

Are they both on the same subnet and same workgroup? Do they both have windows file sharing enabled? Do you have any third party firewalls like zonealarm or comodo that could be blocking the connection?

Hi again well i have got a bit further i can now get my windows xp desktop system to interact with my vista home premium laptop and share files but i cannot get my vista laptop to interact with my desktop when i go to view computers and devices and show a full map it is there but i cannot do anything with it yeah both pc's have firewalls installed but both are allowing file transfer to pass through quite annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom