Networking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i setup ics on the wireless computer connected to the router. Intertnet is still not working

Are you sure it's not your cable modem that's kicking you off? It might not have anything to do with the router.

sorry just saw xp. right click my network places go to properties. right mouse click the wireless connection and go to properties. click the internet protocol(tcp/ip) and select properties. there you can change the ip use a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

i tried doing the ics with widnows netwoking and still wont work. no is not my cable modem. i use mac clone on the router, and when it kicsk me i just connect directly to the modem and its works. this shit is bugging me out. what needs to be turned off int he router to use the router only as a connection share(Hub?).

need to turn off dhcp. get the ip from your manual or online for the router go throught the menus and turn it off. good luck.

btw, I noticed that no one said anything about the gateway, and that confused me the first time I did something like this. the gateway will be the IP of the nic that is connected to the cable modem. just so you don't mix that up :)

thxs everybody for the help i'll try your sugestions but im getign to the of gettign a different router like D-link or netgear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom