Networking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

efd753

In Runtime
K i want to set up my main computer with 2 ethernet card. 1 one of the ethernet card is conectd to my modem and the next 1 is conected to a linksys wireless-b router. And have a computer with wierless.

The problem is that i cant get the wiereless computer to get internet. It sees the wiereless network and it can connect fine but n internet. My main computer has internet with no problem.

Can you guys tell if this setup can be done if so how? Im i missing something?

The 2 NICs won't communicate with each other. One is receiving internet but it won't pass that on to the other one where the router is connected.

Not sure if there's a way around this, but I'm curious why you would want to do this?

Why not just run your connection like this - modem to router to pc? It would make things much easier on yourself.

I forget what it is called, but basically what's happening is that you're losing packets in between the two NICs. You have to install a special windows server program to send the packets on from the first nic to the second one. Atleast that's how it was explained to me when I attempted something similiar.

It'd be a lot simpler to just do what Angel suggested.

k i wanted to do cuase im sick and tire of my linksys wireless-b router. Everytime i go to a site like gamespot.com and try to watch some game trailers it kicks me out. (this is on main computer that is wired) it does it ramdonly too. I have cut the power to the router wait ten secs put back on and then it will work until i go to gamrspot.com or it decides to cut me off agian.

I want my main computr ont he modem side and my router to that computer.

the solution is to get a new wireless router? plz dont tell me that.

What do you mean it kicks you off? Do you lose your internet connection? If and when that happens, can you still ping the router? Does it give you any error message? Does the wireless laptop have the same problem? Does this happen only when you visit www.gamespot.com, or is this a problem with other sites as well?

k it kicks me off and i cant get to no sites at all it cuts off my internet. the wiereless computer seems ok though it only happens to the wire computer. it happens randomly, but when i go to gamespot.com and try to see a trialer it cut me off everytime. i havent tried it on the wireless i'll try that and see what happens.

ok you can do it with two nic cards. You need to set up internet sharing on the comp with the 2 nics. You need to turn of dhcp on your router. You need to give the 2 comps static ip's in the sme range. (ie 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2) You need to set up the second comp to use the internet sharing on the other comp. It can be done I have done it but it is a pain in the butt. I recommend using the router as a dhcp and auto get ip's on the 2 comps.

when you said i need to give the 2 computer 2 ips in the same range. by that you to se my second nic(that 1 conected tot he router) to 1 ip and the wireless computer to a dif ip im correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom