Networking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshM

Baseband Member
I can access al of the shared stuff on this computer from my other computer, but I can't access teh shared stuff on that computer from this computer.

If I go to map network drive > workgroup > explore it tells me there is a logon failure, this user has not been granted the right logon type or something.

How can I fix this?

Sounds like shareing isn't enabled on the other computer. Share a folder or something and then it should work.

I have a folder shared, it's not showing up under the computer name in map network drive

go to control panel, netwrk connections, then properties. Goto authentication tab, and disable the authentication and try that way. If you wana keep it safe though, you need to change the permission settings on the pc.

Nope, it's not under my network places. I see the computer under workgroup computesr though
How do I ping it back and forth if both computers have the same ip?

Now it's telling me i don't even have permission to access the workgroup.

If your computer says its part of a workgroup, take it out. Then try to re-add your computer back in, if a user login box comes up, type the name of the computer that created the workgroup, then type \Administrator in the username box. It should look like:

othercomputername\Administrator

Type the Administrator password of the other computer aswell. Give that a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom