Networking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonympr

Beta member
I have a LOT of questions about this networking problem I been having lately.
Lan.jpg

From the computers on the B router I can access computers on the G router but not Vice Versa. I want to use the WAN port on the B router so I cannot just plug the cable to the first port of the router. Why? Its not because I dont want to its just that I need the configuration on the B router. I algo have printer sharing and HD sharing from the computer that has the printer connected to. But it would be nice to be able to establish shares on all the computers instead of just the main one.

The only other way I think it might work is doing a domain controler and putting them all into domains but I dont think that's a prudent idea, besises I dont have a Server Operating Sistem and I'm in a tight budject.

So what do you guys think I should do?

Thanks for the visio.....this helps a lot!!!
How are you trying to connect from the G to the B?
You won't be able to see the internal IPs of the nodes on the B router from the G because you are going through it's NAT config. So, you will have to either:
A) disable firewall and NAT on B or
B) Use the external IP of the router and use port forwarding for remote administration. or
C) use a static routing table

-Mike

Hmm interesting I'm gonna try those right now, I was trying to use the internal IPs but I also did a test, I put the G router to give DHCP from 10.2 to 10.50 and then I put the B router to give DHCP from 10.25 to 10.50 and I also tried to put the G router to give IPs from 10.2 to 10.50 and the B router from 10.51 to 10.100 just to see but It didint work.

I don't know how to do option C
"C) use a static routing table"

but I'm gonna give a try at option A and option B right away. THANKS for everything

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just looked under my avatar and it sais "Virgin Techie" that's not nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom