Networking Permission probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voxx.013

Baseband Member
Hello,

i have been having problems with my netowrking ever since i re-formatted, im getting a error that says "you might not have permission to use this networkresource.Contact the administrator of this server to find out if u have access permissions.

the netowrk path was not found"

before i formatted (which was recent) i was able to go into other peoples shared folders, as they could also go into mine, since then i get that message no matter what i do.

is it maybe missing windows files or something im not sure.

please help thanks :p

PEACE "

yer we are on same hub, same os (windows xp pro) same workgroup.

we can see each other, they can use my internet, we can find each others lan games and join servers etc etc, just cant get into each others documents for some reason, it started happening after i formatted. so maybe im missing windows files im not sure.

any ideas ?

hrmm im not sure actually ... that could work, how do i check this. and if not how to do i correct it.

right click my network places and go to properties
then right click the network you are using and go to properties and see if listed and checked

yer they are..

what i dont get is, when i formatt it resets it all to default, but even then networking use to work perfectly, no probs.

like i said, we can see each other computers and eveything, when i click his or he clicks mine it syas "you might not have permission to use this networkresource.Contact the administrator of this server to find out if u have access permissions.

the netowrk path was not found"

so yer, ill repair and reinstall if i have to but other then that im so lost.

eveything is enabled, the hole point behind me asking this is, If it is all working and sharing is enabled, why can we not get into each others shared documents, they are right there but when we click them we get a error.

ok
same network.OS. and workgroup
the sharing protocol is installed
the folders you wish to access are being shared and you have premissions to access that folder
install SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom