networking mac and pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindonthakind

Beta member
I have an ibook G4 (OS X Panther) with an airport extreme wireless card and I am trying to network it with a pc running windows XP through a D-Link DI-514 router. I can see the router on the mac but cannot connect. I've gone into airport admin utility and tried to change the ip address but it comes up with "unable to read configuration." I know this works because it was up and running for a few days.

*I haven't heard alot of good things about virtual pc but could this be a solution?

Now...Dont take my word for it but Im not sure you can actually have a mac and an xp "talk" to eachother. They dont really like eachother...Sharing internet isnt a problem though. I have a mac 9.1 and windows xp running together fine. But not so much "together" they just share internet.

Well, you can get both platforms to work together using TCP/IP (OS X obviously supports it) as long as they are in the same subnet or gateway you will be ok.

Also, you might have to enable the appletalk protocol on your XP machine to get everything working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom