networking lab simulator???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
does anyone know of any software that will let me build networks and troubleshoot them and etc. i heard rumors of these but i have never actually seen any.

I think Cisco has some...

Google

yea i googled "network simulator, network software" just different terms i keep finding network monitor tools lol.

Actually I googled some more and only found two or three all made by Cisco and cost a BUTT load, so now let me rephrase my question lol. Does anyone know of any good FREE simulators lol. Or even if I have to buy one does anyone have a suggestion on which on to get?

yea if i have to i will spend some coins i look at is a investment. im going to give thid free one a try first and see how it is.

I have only used Packet Tracer, (free for Cisco Academy students), but I hear it's the best. In my opinion, anything less would be a waste of time to use. Even Packet Tracer is a little buggy from time to time and just doesn't compare to actually using equipment for testing.

I would try Packet Tracer, you could probably find a free download if you do enough searches.

GNS3 is your best bet, it can be a little tricky though.

Couple of things about though.
1 it dosnt come with every cisco device, i haven't found one that dose or even close.
2 you must provide ios images, so if you dont have any access to some you will be SOL.

another way i have heard of setting up test networks but havent tried yet is using VMware. I know you can use cisco ios images as virtual switch's but like i said i have tried it yet.

I had a hard time with this, finding a good way to test networks and found myself wasting alot of time just tring to get a virtual test network up. In the end it wasnt worth the effort i put into it. I hope you have better luck then i did.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom