Networking Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevsvh69

Beta member
Hi guys, I'm noobie with a problem!

OK, I've got a desktop PC running XP Pro, and a laptop running Win2000.

They are networked together via Direct Ethernet.

The prob is the Desktop has no DVD drive, but the laptop has. I know these are cheap and easy to get, but I'm skint and lazy(!)

What I want to do is use the DVD drive on the laptop as a DVD drive on my PC. I have shared the drive, and it appears in My Computer as a Networked Drive. I can access the files etc perfectly, all fine EXCEPT if I install a game onto the desktop from the Laptop's DVD drive via the shared connection, when I then run the game it asks me to Insert the game CD into the CD drive. Is ther any way round this problem? I've tried using images of the DVD and mounting them onto a virtual drive, but this doesn't work! HELP!

Unfortunatly, I'm not familiar with any method for bypassing this feature within games. There are cracks around the internet that you can use for certain games so that you don't have to insert the CD or DVD, but that is a horse of a different color. Most games won't work off of the mapped network drives.

Kevsvh69 said:
Hi guys, I'm noobie with a problem!

OK, I've got a desktop PC running XP Pro, and a laptop running Win2000.

They are networked together via Direct Ethernet.

The prob is the Desktop has no DVD drive, but the laptop has. I know these are cheap and easy to get, but I'm skint and lazy(!)

What I want to do is use the DVD drive on the laptop as a DVD drive on my PC. I have shared the drive, and it appears in My Computer as a Networked Drive. I can access the files etc perfectly, all fine EXCEPT if I install a game onto the desktop from the Laptop's DVD drive via the shared connection, when I then run the game it asks me to Insert the game CD into the CD drive. Is ther any way round this problem? I've tried using images of the DVD and mounting them onto a virtual drive, but this doesn't work! HELP!

What game is it? What you need is ano cd crack. I have one for doom if you need it

It was for Civ IV. i have sorted it now with something from the net I found called a SD Hide???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom