networking 2pcs with win xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramasesuk

Beta member
hi could someone help as the misses is doing my head in coz she cant connect to the internet through my pc.i have tried the network wizard hundreds of times and the host pc(mine) has no or little connectivity(something about not getting the ip address) although earlier it connected for about an hour untill i restarted the pc,(applied sp2 fix mentioned on another post)but the other pc on the network lost all files in the network folders although i could send files to that pc,a soon as i lost connectivity the files reappeard.
i have manually set my ip to 192.168.1.1
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
i am now on the network but i can no longer open folders on her pc but i see her folders it says under computer name unknown but hers cant see mine,also i cant get the internet sharing sorted out every forum ive seen talking about it mentions a setting on the advanced tab in local area connections properties (for setting it up)but the only option i have there is about windows firewall settings its been nearly two weeks now and i dont think i can take much more lol :cool:

What internet connection are you using? How is your computer connected to hers? What equipment do you have? Two NIC's, a router, etc. Hopefully we can help, but I need this information first.

I have AOL dial up. It is connected by net work card and hub and two patch leads. We are win XP and the host has a network card,client has onboard LAN.I have had them connected for a hour and then when SP2 patch someone told me to use I had to re start pc and then lost all connections.
Hope this helps you to help me.
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom