Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk what you mean. i just want to take my gsky wifi adapter and bridge it to my lan port. I did it one time but i forgot how i did it.

well i've been doing that and it wasn't working.. but i figured it out.. in case anyone needs help......

with vista there's a User Account Control setting that will not allow you to bridge two networks, even if you tell it to. Why it does this I don't know. So I stumbled onto a way to disable that thing and it actually makes the vista experience a lot easier. I don't know the repricussions for disabling this setting, but it allowed me to bridge away. After you bridge you can turn the setting back on. But my only question is why would i turn that back on? Its annoying. Is it really bad to turn the UAC off?

I also found a way to do it without disabling UAC. Disable User Account Control(UAC) For Administrators Only :: the How-To Geek

Is it really bad to turn the UAC off?

It is there to protect users, and I disabling it should be avoided, even though it can be annoying. Mak posted a thread somewhere going over how to disable it, but he cautions against it. I will edit this post if I can find it.

EDIT: Ah, here it is. I found it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom