networking 2 computers via wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepheal

Beta member
Just wondering if it is at all possible to network my desktop (running win XP sp2) to my laptop (win XP sp2) via a linksys WRTG54GS wireless router... both are connected to the router with a wireless connection. I'v tried running the 'set up a home or office network' thing on both computer's, and nothing worked. All i want to do is be able to share file's and the printer. Thanks.

1) Put both computer in the same workgroup
2) Check to see if file and print is installed on both computer network properties, check to see if NetBIOS is enable in advanced setting on both computer network properties.
3) Disable firewall for the moment on both computer
4) Restart both computer.
5) Now go into command prompt on each machine and ping the other. Verify you get replies from the other machine before proceeding.

6)Create a folder, don't create it in "My Document" sometime you can't share in this folder. Create the folder on your desktop or somewhere else, add the files you want to share. Right click on the folder and select sharing and security, go to the share tab, at the bottom click that blue link that says "If you understand the security risk...and so on" afterward a box will appear, just select "Just enable file sharing"

7)Do step 6 for any folder you like to share on both computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom