networked email client Netscape: trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrDorothy

Beta member
We have a hardwired network of personal and "common use" computers at our monastery. For the four common use ones, we have Netscape profiles set up on one of them (Fileserver) and the others are connected by mapping a network drive to \\Fileserver\Users (where the Users directory is under C: on Fileserver). (this way, a Sister can open the same inbox from any of the 4 computers)

This used to work fine; then we changed the host for profiles to a different machine--also worked fine. But I recently had to change it back to Fileserver--and while the other 3 machines can access the profiles fine, Fileserver itself can't see them--or mayber I haven't told it where to look. Since I didn't set this up originally, I have no idea what to do.

Note that I have opened Netscape user accounts via the profile manager and checked to see the path is correct, and it is: C:\Users\account name\mail --so I don't know where I'm missing something. Can anyone help? Thanks...

csamuels said:
whats the path config on the working client pcs?

the fileserver says C:\Users\account name\mail, whats the others say?

Oh, my! How much better than an answer is the RIGHT QUESTION! I looked to see, and the others say: U:\Users\account name\Netscape\mail ! (U: is the mapped network drive)

So I have tried changing the ones on Fileserver and it works. Except: that on one account I'm finding that the usually invisible files (.js, .hst etc) are showing up under Local Mail. Any idea how I could have caused that?

thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom