Network USB adapter uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
um, not really no. too much work lol. And tbh because of distance constraints I capped it at 220MBps. I mean, it'd be easy enough to add a little bit of code to detect distance and thus max transfer speed, but meh. I just use it for my HTPC, plug in my external hdd or usb drive from the comfort of my couch instead of having to crouch in front of the htpc :grin: wireless USB ftw.

I'll do that actually, never really polished it up. I'll make a proper PCB for it, and mebbe include the option to run off batteries (not sure how long that'll last, but it'd be nice to have the option I think)

Blitzbox doesn't work on any Gaming Platforms.

My brother ended up returning his, because it didn't work at all.

What he found to make it a LOT easier, was putting a wireless switch in the middle of a room (on a shelf etc.) and than routed the PS3s wireless internet adapter to our SOHO, for an XBOX360, you can purchase a wireless adapter to plug into the back of it. and hook up to your SOHO as my brother did. for a Wii, same deal with the XBOX 360 as my friend did.

Everything in your topography is good to go. Just needs some modifications.

Also, I can't speak for anyone elses experience, but in my experience, Belkin products don't seem to work all that good. They will do a decent job, but not very good of one.

Linksys and CISCO products seem to work incredibly well.

I have used a blitz box and they work best for the price.. Especially since you can play on your tv while streaming to your pc. I also know a lot of people that use them.

This thread isn't about networking a console. I have that taken care of. I wired my house so there is no need for wireless. Just trying to find a better solution to stream ANY game footage from one room to another as the max distance of a USB cable is lacking and I don't want to purchase the BlitzBox Air. I don't know what a SOHO is.. I only own Linksys products as well.

So Soul. Wireless USB.. Got a price shipped? I am seriously thinking about doing this in the next few months as it seems to be the best solution.

SOHO = Small Office / Home Office

Um, I'll have to put it together so give me a bit of time. What distances are you wanting to use it at?

How do you configure the Blitzbox to work with your gaming consoles? I don't know anyone thus far that've managed to get it to work. (aside from some programming gurus on here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom