network topology problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

neodeep2001

Beta member
I am doing a project about setup of a cyber cafe.

Below is the requirement:

You are required to set up new computers in two neighbouring shops. Each shop will have 40 game computers with Internet connection in it.

Some players may play LAN games between the two shops. They also play LAN game within one shop frequently.

Other than the two shops, Matrix Game has a small office on the upper floor. Inside the office, there are 3 computers for testing new games, 1 computer for (a)general use and 1 computer for (b)keeping all updated files of games. The (c) last computer will be accessed by the game computers during the opening hours to download update files for games.

--------------------------------------
Below is my design:
internet---router---1A,1B
1A---hub---computer (a) and (b)
1B---computer (c)---switch-----2A,2B
2A---hub---40 computers
2B---hub---40 computers

Is that okay? Can it solve the traffic and play lan games within two shops? Does anyone have cheaper and better suggestions?
Thx very much.

well, thats just it, the poster clearly is doing their homework. this person already has a layout and is just asking for our opinions. there's nothing wrong with that.
also, why immeditately laugh about the equipment that is being used? hubs will work. is there a more plausible solution? yes. but again...hub would work.

neodeep2001,
your layout looks fine to me. i don't know how detailed you would like to get? there are many more things to consider such as equipment type, security and room for expansion. just to name a few. as far as cost, this is probably the cheapest as you can get.

the hubs, as dj-chris so elegantly put, should be replaced with switches. computer (c) should act as an internal proxy for the 2 shops to ensure that the assumed 80 computers can not reach the (a) and (b) computers.
if i were doing this job for myself, the two switches would be gigabit managed switches so that you can truncate ports and create traffic patterns. that way, if gaming traffic is just local, then traffic won't have to interfere with the proxy server which also will dealing with WAN gaming traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom