Network Shutdown/Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello. I am looking for a program (pref. Free) for the use of Restarting Several Computers at a scheduled time daily. This software will be used at our school; where Me and a few other students are Assistant's to our Network Administrator. We want to find a program where it will let us restart several machines using their ip address or using the ip address range of it.

Let me know of any software!

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I went to that link you provided but am having problems doing that. I went to school this morning and tried doing it on a couple of computers. I logged into the computer as Administrator on 6 machines.. I then went to a different computer in the back of the room, and tried to create a custom bat file to restart the selected machines, but none of them work. I tried using some free programs, but they still didnt shut down. One of my classmates said that we would need to make a custom Registry file that would automatically log one computer onto the administrator account, and then have a task that executes the command to restart the network computers. Is there a easier way of doing this? We couldnt seem to shut any of them down. Since all of the computer will be at the "press Ctrl Alt Del to login screen", we werent sure how we could do this. I also tried doing a local task of shutting down the computer by itself. I created the task, set it to run as Administrator and set the time and logged off back to the main login screen, but it never shut down that way either???

Help please!

Thanks!

Get the corporate version of deepfreeze, it lets you lock the drives on the computers to keep them from change, or you can disable the lock, it also allows remote shutdown, restart, defragmentation and some other various things.

Thanks. I checked out Deepfreeze but it looks a little complicated for us to run. We just want a simple program where from a central computer, allow it to shutdown and restart the network computers.

Well once you read the manual it isn't hard, figured out how to use it when I was 14 :-\

Either way the Server lets you create a .exe that you install on the computers, the .exe is what tells the computers who the server is, wheater the drive is locked or not, and so on, once the .exe the server creates is installed on all the computers you can go to the server and tell which computers to do what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom