Network service keeps on HANGING

Status
Not open for further replies.

nepalimaan

Beta member
I have a simple network and folder sharing between computers. Some computers can't access the network and can't share it's resources (shared folder, shared printer) to the other computer in the LAN. But I can ping each other when this problem is there. And Internet is also working perfectly. If i restart the computer having problem, everything becomes OK after the restart. Once it's hanged, disabling/repairing the network doesn't work. I have to restart.

Such problem comes once or twice in a day and have to restart.

Antivirus/Antispyware on those computer are up-to-date.

Googled it alot.. but couldnt find the solution.. Please guys help me on that...

I would say permissions, but it sounds like you can access it for little while then it goes kapoot... you could try temporarily tracking down all the AV's and Firewalls on the devices and disabling them for a little while and see if you still run into the same issues...

i don't think its permissions. a reboot wouldn't cure this.

you might be able to disable & reenable the network connection to restore functionality instead of a reboot.

if that doesn't work you can try these commands from the command line

net stop server
net start server

when you notice the problem, what message do you get when you try to access the share. Start > run > \\computer\share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom